Hello there foreigners and immigrants. Yeah that’s you (and me).
Today, I’m going to save you few bucks from expensive consulting fees with the immigration lawyers. Sadly, below does not cover the details, but will give you an idea of which route you can take.
There are five VISA types for international founders/entrepreneurs entering the U.S.: L1, E2, EB5, H1B, O
Let’s go through each of them briefly below:
- For whom? Expats(execs, managers, specialists) working at US Entity (with minimum of 1 year employment history at the foreign company)
- Duration & Extension 3 yrs + 3 yrs (+ 1 yr for execs/managers) (total 6 ~ 7 yrs max)
- Difficulty Depends on the company (must show that it will survive, easier with $1M+ previous funding)
- Quota Any time (get the result in 15 days after filing using premium processing)
- Family/Spouse can work? Yes
- Greencard Yes
Company values are what the people within the organization believe in. Decisions, actions, hires/fires, promotions/demotions are based on the company values and they are the fundamental building blocks for a strong, great company culture.
Of course, there are many good values in the world, but company values cannot list them all. Rather, the company’s core values should embody a set of unique beliefs, and should be simple enough to be remembered and used during daily conversations and work.
So, without further ado, here are our seven core values at SendBird:
1. Endless tenacity for customers
“Only the paranoid survive” – Andy Grove, Intel
Customers existed before a company did. Facing a problem, few people dared to find a solution, and customer value was created. The organized and deliberate effort of finding a solution later evolved to become a company that we know today. We exist to satisfy the customers, then to leap beyond the status quo and create innovative solutions to problems that the customers are not even aware of yet. The journey will be challenging and frustrating, but endless tenacity is the only path to the true customer happiness.